Friday, September 12, 2008

Proud to be an American.....

Yesterday was September 11th. And I don't know about you but every year when this date rolls around, I am surprised at the emotion it brings. Watching the morning news and hearing the names read and the sights of that horrible day being shown, I find tears filling my eyes as I remember back to 2001. I do feel hope and optimism that it has been 7 years since that event and we have managed to keep the terrorists at bay. Is the war making a difference? Are we sending a message? It's a sobering thought. I felt a lot of patriotism for my country yesterday and I am proud to say I am an American.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie Kiser = English teacher! RaRR!

GregHansenfam said...

Hey...I love your blog. I had no idea you even had one. Thanks for letting me know. That is a great family picture you have. :)