Thursday, October 9, 2008

Be Of Good Cheer.....

So, do you wake up every morning wondering what the day will bring? As I listen to the radio, television, news, etc. it would seem easy to be overwhelmed. Right now, I just take it one day at a time. If I think too much about the future, it feel somewhat nervous. But how grateful I am that we just had conference where we were instructed so well on the benefits of being optimistic and cheerful. So, amongst the strife in the world, my challenge to myself and each of you is to remember who is in charge. Remember that faith and fear cannot co-exist and that "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.' Let's all go forward with faith and be positive, happy people. Really, anything else is letting Satan win. We are all too competitive to let that happen, right? Keep a smile on your face and a prayer in your heart and you can accomplish anything!!

10 comments:

sophie said...

julie. i love you.

Anonymous said...

I AGREE 100% I totally love it!!! Thanks for the REMINDER JULIE!

Sarah Jane said...

hooray!!! this is so great to hear right now

Cameron said...

I'm not about to let satan win.

McKall said...

Julie your amazing! Love this and everything you said is so true!

Lauren Alexis said...

Wow I have been thinking about those exact things a lot lately! It's hard for me to just enjoy the day and not get caught up in the future! You are never without words of wisdom, I miss you. You're the best!

Brooke Campbell said...

That is great advice! I need to let my husband in on that! I think he has been worrying enough for everybody!!!

Melinda said...

Thanks coach! I feel like I just received a great pep talk for the day!

Julie said...

So good to hear right now. Faith is all we need.

GregHansenfam said...

What great words of advice. It is always good to be reminded whos in charge when things seem to get tough. I feel exactly the same way. :)