Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Extreme Makeover Home Edition



So..... Extreme Makeover Home Edition has been in Pocatello, Idaho all week. It's quite exciting for us Eastern Idahoans! My neighbor, Greg Hansen, is the General Manager over the project for Rockwell Homes. Just FYI, Rockwell built our home. Anyway, our other good friend, Mitch Brian has created and maintained Rockwell's website. So, between the two of them we were pretty connected. I received a text yesterday saying that "The Kiser's" were invited to come to Pocatello and receive VIP passes to see the house. It was so amazing! I can't believe what had been accomplished in 6 days! I honestly think angels were helping. The story is that the mother of the house has cancer. If I understand correctly, when she contracted cancer the father left her and her 9 children. Then last year, they had an electrical fire in their home. So for many months they have been living on their property with some in a borrowed 5th wheel trailer and the boys in a tent...... wow! Do you feel so blessed right now to have a roof over your head? From what I heard, they are a great family and very deserving of this miracle. We toured the house last night and it is beautiful. They did some great things and the kitchen...... let's just say the mother will LOVE it! It's just such a feel good thing.
Now I know Cassidy is disappointed I didn't get a picture with Jillian and even my picture of Ty is borrowed but while we were there, the celebrities were at a fundraiser for the family. I don't know when the show will air but I will try to keep you updated as I know more. Sam and her cute friend Hayley joined us last night and they seemed to really enjoy themselves, too. Well, that's about it for now. I hope this post finds you all well, happy and counting your blessings everyday!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NO JILLIAN?? I am heartbroken! The looks amazing though! I am so jealous you guys got to do that! What an amazing experience!

Sammie Noellie said...

this was great. i left a little unsatisfied. we didnt see one famous person. Is that too much to ask? bollocks.